The first step to setting up Boardmaker Online is to add student accounts.
Why? Student accounts must be present to assign activities and track progress.
Your students may have already been set up for you by your Boardmaker Online Administrator or you may be responsible for creating your own student profiles.
There are 4 different access levels and your ability to add and remove student accounts will depend on your access level.
Instructor– This instructor may assign and manage activities for specific students, but student accounts must be first added by the account administrator.
Instructor with Local Admin Privileges – This instructor will be able to add new student accounts independently and may manage and assign activities to those students. The instructor will not be able to see/access students associated with other instructors.
Instructor with Admin Privileges –This instructor may add student accounts, assign to and manage those students, and access to the global student roster of all student accounts within the district).
Instructor with Org Admin Privileges – All of the privileges of the Instructor with Admin level, plus the ability to add, remove and manage Instructor accounts.
Note: If you have Admin or Org Admin Privileges, you will see an Admin tab in the main menu bar at the top of your homepage. This tab is not available if you have Instructor or Instructor with Local Admin status.
Adding Students: Instructors with Admin privileges
- Select the Admin tab from the main menu bar, and then select Student Roster Management from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down the page to find Add a Student and select Add Now.
- Complete the student profile.
- When complete, select Save and Close.
- You may also add a student who is already on the global roster to your Instructor roster. Select the student’s ID number from the active roster.
- Select Edit Profile
- Scroll within the profile to Assign Instructors, access the dropdown menu, select your name, and click Add. Your name will be added to the Assigned Instructor(s) list.
- Student ID: May be numbers, letters or a combination. Must be unique within your district.
- Username: Create a unique username for each student.
- Password: Create a password.
- Parent Email: (Optional) Adding parent email allows you to more easily send information about student login to parents.
- Assign Instructor(s): Select the dropdown menu to access your district instructor roster. Select your name.
Adding Students: Instructor with Local Admin privileges
- On the main menu bar, select the Students tab and then Student Management from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to Add a Student and select Add Now.
- Complete the form. Click Check Global Roster. NOTE: The system will determine if the student is on the district global student roster (has already been added by another instructor). If so, you may add the student to your instructor roster as well by clicking Add Existing Student. You may also select Create New Student if your student has the same name as another student but is not the same person.
- If the student is not found within the district global roster, the student profile will open. Complete the profile.
Adding Students: Instructor with Instructor (only) privileges
- On the main menu bar, select the Students tab, and then Student Management from the dropdown menu. NOTE: Student ID: May be numbers, letters or a combination. Must be unique within your district.
- You do not have privilege to add your own student accounts. You can add yourself as an instructor to existing student accounts by typing a name in the “Find Student” field or searching the All Students tab. Your Boardmaker Online district organizational administrator must add student accounts for you or change your access level to Instructor with Local Admin level or higher.
Adding Students as the Organizational Administrator
- Select the Admin tab and then Student Roster Management.
- As the Organizational Administrator, you may add students individually or in bulk. To add individually, follow directions above for Instructor with Admin level. To add students in bulk, please see the tutorial: Manage your Instructor and Student Accounts- BMO Admins.
To access the pdf version of this article which includes screenshots, click here