By combining the performance tracking templates found in Studio with your Boardmaker Online subscription, you’ll be collecting student performance data in no time! To do this, you must first:
- Update your Boardmaker Studio software to v. 1.3
- Sign up for a Boardmaker Online subscription account
1. UPDATING YOUR SOFTWARE
Update your software to get the latest and greatest Studio features!
In order to get the performance tracking templates, you must first update your Studio software to v 1.3. The easiest way to update your software is to:
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet and launch your Studio software.
- If a software update is available, there will be a message on the Connect page.
- Click on the download link to get the latest version of the software.
2. STUDIO STARTER TEMPLATES
Explore the different performance tracking templates that are available.
- If you are on the Connect page, select New From Template.
- If you are on the Designer page, select New>New Project from Template.
- You can browse templates by Activity Type or Instructional Area.
- Templates are organized by Onscreen and Print Activities.
All performance tracking templates will be found in the Onscreen folders.
- A collection of sample activities and performance tracking templates are included. Sample activities are included to give you an idea of how a particular template can be used and are identified with a green "S" in the upper left corner. Performance tracking templates are identified with a red "P" in the upper right corner.
- Take a minute to look through the folders to see the range of Studio Starter performance tracking templates available. For beta members you’ll find the performance tracking templates in the following folders: Word Study, Sorting, Question and Answer.
Pick a performance tracking template to meet your needs.
3. SELECTING AND POPULATING A TEMPLATE
- From Activity Type, click on a template with the red “P” in the upper right corner.
- Select Create.
- If you are not familiar with creating activities using templates and need additional information, see the Templates Overview video.
Uploading activities allows you to assign activities and track student progress!
4. UPLOADING ACTIVITIES TO BOARDMAKER ONLINE AND ASSIGNING TO STUDENTS.
Once you create an activity using a performance tracking template, you will need to upload it and assign it to a student. For more information on using activities within Boardmaker Online, please see the Getting Started Tutorial