Please note this article applies only to District subscription accounts.
If you are an instructor with admin privileges and you need to set up multiple student accounts, the bulk import process will simplify the task.
First, you must gather the student's information and enter it into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Then, you can import the information on the spreadsheet into your student roster.
Note:you can edit the student profile to make any changes or additions to the student information. SeeEdit a Student Profile
- Select Admin > Student Roster Management. The Student Roster Management page will open.
- At the bottom of the page, under Bulk Import, select Download.
A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will download.
- Follow the instructions on the first sheet ("Instructions") to copy and paste (or manually enter) all of the student information into the correct columns on the second sheet ("Organization Students").
Caution: Do not modify the spreadsheet by adding or removing columns.
The required information is:
- Student ID
- First Name
- Save the roster spreadsheet in a convenient location where it can be easily accessed.
- At the bottom of the page, under Bulk Import, select Import.
- Browse for the spreadsheet you saved in Step 4 above. The spreadsheet name will appear under Bulk Import.
- Select Upload files.
The files will upload, and a Bulk Import Summary will appear, giving specific information on the upload (or an error message indicating missing information in the Excel file).
- Select OK.The students you imported will appear in your student roster.