The Skoog device is an accessible, tactile cube that allows children with disabilities to explore creative opportunities available on iPad with GarageBand for iOS. Now anyone unable to play traditional instruments can join an orchestra or band and take part in a range of music-making activities. Skoog's adjustable sensitivity and easy integration with GarageBand make it perfect for inclusive music activity.
Used together, Skoog and iPad expand the potential of music therapy for young children with cerebral palsy, autism, Down's Syndrome and other developmental delays by offering hands-on opportunities to create and control sound expressively. Skoog's sensory-friendly tactile nature helps greatly in developing new skills and promoting physical interaction with technology. For instance, Skoog's immediate sensory input can motivate young people with autism to explore iPad functions.
Skoog and GarageBand on iPad let students compose and perform their own music without the need for keyboard, guitar or other traditional instrumental skills. They can poke, squeeze and press Skoog and it provides physical stimulation and acoustic feedback that plays instruments on iPad. The automatic key-detection in the Skoog app also lets anyone "jam" along with favorite songs in their iTunes media library using the instrument sounds in GarageBand and other MIDI apps.
Skoog is lightweight and portable, making it easy to set up and use. It connects to your iPad via Blue-tooth LE or to your Mac via USB and comes with its own free app (available from the App Store). Or you can use it as a controller for other MIDI-compatible music apps.
- Learning, playing or creating music using an accessible interface on your iPad or Mac - whether you're a beginner or a pro
- Inclusive music making at home on stage or in the classroom
- Working with GarageBand and Logic with an accessible performance interface
- Enabling younger users to get musically creative
- Music education
- Suitable for MLD, SLD, and PMD, children with global delay, genetic conditions such as Down's Syndrome, sensory impairments, physical/medical problems and those with Autism
No registration required. Software Download available here: http://skoogmusic.com/download/
All educational resources are available here: http://skoogmusic.com/support/