Webber Basic Concepts Instructional Activity Program provides a systematic way to teach the 54 basic concept pairs presented in the Wiig Assessment of Basic Concepts (WABC), receptively AND expressively.
First, teach the concept pair (hot/cold, up/down…) using the pictures provided in the reproducible activity book. Next, present pictures of the targeted concept pair with a foil (a third item that is similar, but incorrect). Finally, have the student identify three concept pairs on the game board while asking receptive and expressive questions from the activity book. As reinforcement, give each student an ice-cream cone and add scoops of ice cream for answering questions correctly. Reproduce extra game boards for classroom use or send home for extra practice.
Webber Basic Concepts Instructional Activity Program includes:
- 52 concept boards (10" x 11")
- 12 foam ice-cream cones (3")
- 90 foam ice-cream scoops (2")
- 4 non-toxic dry erase markers
- CD-ROM for printing the workbook pages and game boards
- 1-12 players
- Reproducible workbook includes game boards, awards/certificates,
and Parent/Helper letters