Tobii Dynavox is offering 30-day free trials of Boardmaker Online to help you help your students during this difficult time. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started.
Sign up for Free Trial
Click here for instructions on how to sign up for a free trial!
What do you want to do?
You can do a LOT with Boardmaker Online, but to keep it simple, try this to get started…
Create a Visual Schedule!
A visual schedule is typically a single sheet of paper with symbols, graphics and text designed to help your child/student by visually indicating what’s coming next throughout the day. Here’s a link to a PDF version of a visual schedule, that you can print out if you like and here's a video with step-by-step instructions. Now let’s create your own…
3. Click the Create Activity button…
4. In the search box, type in “First Then” (without the quotes). Click the Select link under the template thumbnail.
5. The Editor will open with the blank template. Click on the Symbol tab on the far right, type in what you want the symbol to be, then drag that symbol onto the template.
6. Once there, you can position and resize the symbols.
7. Save your work! Choose the File menu and Save and give it a name.
8. Close the Editor and you should see the new activity in your My Activities area. Click on the Print button and a PDF of the activity will be displayed. Print it out or email it to a student’s parents for use at home.
For more information on what you can do with Boardmaker Online, go to this page and click on User’s Guides & Tutorials.
To get on a mailing list for info about the new Boardmaker 7 being released this summer:
Click here for North America